School Counselor and Social Worker
School Counseling Corner
Thank you for visiting our Elementary School Counseling site. Here you will find information about our Red Cedar counseling program.
How does my school counselor, Dr. Rebecca Hannahs, assist my student?
By supporting and enhancing student academic, career and personal/social success. I develop and implement a comprehensive school counseling program. That includes individual counseling, small group counseling and classroom guidance lessons in the academic, career and social categories.
Parents/guardians can contact me to discuss any concerns you may have of a personal nature that may be getting in the way of a student being able to concentrate and do their best work while at school. I can set up individual counseling sessions or include a student in small group counseling sessions that would be focused on teaching coping strategies and problem-solving skill building to enhance learning.
I collaborate and consult with teachers, administration and families to help in many areas of a child’s development and growth.
I provide classroom guidance lessons to K-5th grade monthly to address the South Carolina Comprehensive Guidance plan which focuses on activities in the area of Learning to Live (social/emotional development) Learning to Work (career development) and Learning to Learn (academic development).
Here is my contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org 843-707-0667
Find out more about school counselors on our district's website.
School Social Worker
Renee Lukasavage is the social worker at RCE. Here are just a few of the things she does for our students and families.
- Assist with student safety/needs: uniforms, school supplies, financial hardship, snacks, backpack buddies, abuse and neglect and crisis intervention.
- Work with the students, parents, and school staff to identify factors in the home, school and community that influence a student’s academic and social success.
- Provide social emotional support.
- Provide psycho-social services to children by meeting with students individually and in groups.
- Act as a family-school liaison and assist with contacting families.
- Provide resources/referrals to outside organizations and agencies to assist students/families with meeting needs.
- Attendance and truancy
"I look forward to working alongside all of you to help our students have a safe and successful school year! Always remember to be kind to one another! I am always here if you need an ear!!!"
- Ms. Lukasavage
To find out more about school social workers, visit out district's website.